Man City 0 - 0 United

VDS
Rafael(Brown) Rio Vidic Evra(O'Shea)
Nani Fletcher Scholes Carrick Park
Berbatov(Chicharito)
The match did not live up to the world's expectations. In fact I thought it was quite drab for the single reason that neither team wanted to risk losing this game. City played the whole game with 1 striker and so did United. I think that if Fergie risked playing Chico and Berba together for the final 15 minutes we might be looking at a different scoreline because we were all over City during the second half.

In my opinion United played quite well. The defence bullied Tevez and co out of the game and our midfield built attacks patiently and wisely. The only problem was that Berbatov was too isolated at the front and I couldn't expect much more from him. Yes, he could have ran his socks off just like City's Argentine twat did but that's just not Berbatov.

A point gained or two lost? I firmly belief that we could have beaten this City side today. They were toothless at the front and their defence isn't that menacing. We handled their attacks superbly, albeit once O'Shea, who keeps failing to be eyecatching but does his job, managed to make a complete mess when trying to defend against an Adam Johnson attack just minutes after entering the field of play. We lost Rafael, who was playing brilliantly, and his replacement, Brown, was solid. Evra is another victim on our never ending injury list. I hope they're back soon. My man of the match is Vidic. He was an absolute rock at the back. Immense is an understatement for his performance today. N.B. I expected more from Nani, but maybe he's still carrying an injury.

All in all I'm dissapointed we failed to create more chances, however, I am quite happy that "massive" City couldn't even beat us in their own back yard. Aston Villa away on Sat. Tough game.

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month