Silvestre Joins Arsenal

Arsenal signed Mikael Silvestre for an undisclosed fee. The defender has signed a two-year deal with Arsenal.
Silvestre said: “I’ve spent a large part of my career at United, the last nine years, and I’ll remember that time fondly but feel I’m ready for a new challenge."


The French defender, who joined from Internazionale in September 1999, made 361 appearances for the Reds, scoring 10 goals and winning 10 major honours.

In my opinion selling Silvestre wasn't a wise decision by the Manager. Although lately he has become an injury prone, he was always up to the challenge whenever called to play for United.

Although he wasn't a popular figure at United mainly due to the fact that he committed some stupid mistakes during his career at United, I still think that he was a valuable member of our squad, his experience is priceless and I think that's the main reason why Wenger bought Silvestre. Experience.


I don't know if United have got a cover at left back or not, but if Evra gets injured we'll be in serious trouble. Anyway I would like to thank Silvestre, for he has been a wonderful servant to United during his nine year stay. Adios and all the best! Well, except when United meet Arsenal :)

Comments

Top Posts in Past Month