United 2 - 1 Swansea

De Gea 
Jones Rio Vidic Evra
Welbeck(Valencia) Carrick Scholes(Anderson) Kagawa
RVP Chicharito(Giggs)


Today was all about Sir Alex. Up until last Wednesday, we looked forward towards this day to get back our trophy. The Premier League trophy returned to its rightful owners but, if I'm honest, all I wanted to see was Sir Alex. I can't believe I won't get another glimpse of him again in the Old Trafford dugout. It was indeed an emotional rollercoaster. It wasn't just Sir Alex we were waving goodbye to. Another club legend decided to call it a day as well. Paul Scholes made up his mind to hang up his boots for good. To be fair, Scholes' retirement has been dwarfed by Fergie's. That's probably exactly what Paul wanted. Both will be immensely missed.

Chicharito and Ferdinand made sure Swansea don't spoil the party. It was also quite fitting to score the winning goal so late in the game. That's how a lot of games were won under Sir Alex's guidance. It was a decent game of football that was sandwiched by some moving sights. The first was that of Sir Alex emerging from the tunnel to the sound of Sinatra's 'Impossible Dream'. Then there was Sir Alex's post match speech followed by the trophy presentation. Seeing Vidic and Evra present the trophy to Fergie was quite a beautiful scene. A beaming Sir Alex lifting the trophy is a sight we have seen quite often. We were indeed blessed to have such a great man manage our club. 

Today there were some players who we've probably seen for the final time at Old Trafford. One of them is Wayne Rooney who has handed in another transfer request. I was deeply saddened when he did it the first time but I cannot be arsed now. I said it time and again that on his day, he's our best player because he's an all rounder. The thing is that he either doesn't appreciate how big this club is  or he's too proud of himself not to realise that he's been dropped to the bench a couple of times because he wasn't at his best this season. Tata Wayne? Probably. If we believe we can live without Fergie, a Rooney-less United is definitely not an issue. 

It was a strange day. It was a joy to see our players celebrating and holding aloft the coveted trophy. On the other hand, whenever I saw Fergie, my eyes welled up a bit. An end of an era. Old Trafford will never see a manager of his greatness again. That said, we must support David Moyes through thick and thin. I'm convinced he's the right guy for the job. 

The occasion today made me realise how lucky I am to be born a red. This is truly a special football club. No wonder we say we're the biggest football club in the world. 

CHAMPIONS

"I'd also like to remind you that when we had bad times here, the club stood by me, all my staff stood by me, the players stood by me and your job now is to stand by your new manager."  Sir Alex


Comments

Top Posts in Past Month