Some thoughts...

While I was searching for some kind of time killer I stumbled upon a couple of football related websites bearing the header 'Tottenham interested in Rio'.
While Rio's performances this year have been quite poor I still believe he has what it takes to make our starting XI. Writing him off for a couple of off days is pure stupidity given the fact that he's been one of the best centre backs in Europe for a handful of seasons. I do expect him to improve and reach last year's heights, both him and Vidic have yet to reach the standard set last year. There again the standard set last year was so high that reaching it is sometimes unthinkable. I really can't imagine United going on that unbeaten run again. However, I believe that in a couple of weeks time, when both central defenders shrug off the niggling injuries they've been carrying for quite a while now, we will see the old fruitful partnership in central defense as our super centre backs answer the critics. C'mon RIO & VIDA!
Our next match is vs Blackburn and, as I stated on my previous post, I expect nothing but a win. However we do have some players who will probably miss the match. Our injury list is quite worrying. Giggs, Fletcher, Park, Welbeck, Ferdinand and Vidic are all doubtful for the Rovers clash at OT. Meanwhile Neville is suspended after his straight red card on Tuesday. While I don't rate Park anymore, Giggs's absence will certainly be felt. He has been our best player so far while Fletcher is also a player we will certainly miss. However I do expect United's quality and depth in squad to make up for these absences and help in getting a much needed boost before the two crunch matches vs CSKA and Chelsea.Meanwhile United are reported to be interested in Everton's young defender Jack Rodwell. I hope this is true. He's a great player with a lot of potential. I've always stressed that I want United to be English or at the very least British. I hate looking at United and realize that we have more Portuguese speaking players than English speaking, I think Liverpool fans get a worse feeling when they look at their squad. We do have our fair share of British players though unlike most Premier League clubs. If the 6 home grown players rule is put into practice I think United is the only English club in Europe who won't face any kind of problem.

And finally...... a note before I end this post, which suggests that I have plenty of time on my hands, I'd like to confirm that 5 of my friends and I will be heading to Manchester in December, on boxing day, to watch the Man Utd vs Wigan match :) This will be the second time I will be visiting Old Trafford and believe me, I'm as excited as if it's my first time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
and probably watching vs Hull (away).

Top Posts in Past Month