Watford 1 - 2 United

Another important win away from home against a pretty good side.

This is a very late post as I have been away from home for most of the past four days. I wasn't even at home to watch this game! In fact, I  watched it in a field. My friend decided to organise a BBQ last Saturday at 6pm. There's no way I would miss a Manchester United game so I took an internet connection and a laptop with me and I watched the game comfortably(kind of).

Excuse my ultra hairy leg

Anyway I thought this was a decent performance by United. The defence did well and when they messed up, they were saved by the brilliant DDG. I thought Young was excellent, he's still our best crosser of the ball, which is a bit worrying. There will be fierce competition this season for that left-back spot. If I'm honest I want to see Shaw play there but if Young keeps creating chances like he did today, then I don't blame Mourinho for opting to play him. 

Pogba started brightly but faded and Matic protected our defence brilliantly. The latter was shown two yellow cards so will miss our game vs. Wolves this Saturday. Fellaini was more effective up front than he was when defending while Sanchez and Lingard had a relatively quiet evening. Lukaku scored his fourth league goal in as many appearances. Oh, almost forgot, what a goal by Smalling

We had a few nervy moments after Watford scored their goal. David won us the three points with a brilliant save right at the death. Watford had won all their four league games so we must not underestimate the importance of this win. Hopefully we can continue this run with wins vs. Young Boys and Wolves. 

Come on United! 




Comments

Top Posts in Past Month